Interested in Volunteering?
Volunteering at City Hospital at White Rock is a rewarding, hands-on experience that makes a difference in the lives of our patients and their loved ones. If you are looking for a way to give back to your community, enjoy helping others, are thinking about going into the medical field, need volunteer hours for school, or just looking for a purpose, look no further.
At City Hospital at White Rock, we value our volunteers who are truly an essential piece of our puzzle. Commitment can be as little as one 4-hour shift a week, Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Evening and weekends are on an as-needed basis.
Adults of All Ages Welcome
We have opportunities for all. We are happy to discuss with you where you would best fit based on your needs and abilities.
Year-Round Student Volunteer Opportunities
We work with local schools who offer Career & Technology Education programs and allow students to volunteer during the weekday.
Summer Volunteer Program for Students
During the summer months, interested teens and college students have the opportunity to volunteer here at City Hospital at White Rock. Students must be 15 years of age by June 1st of the year they are volunteering. This program offers young people a great opportunity to learn more about health care professions and the importance of volunteerism and dedication to an organization — valuable skills in their future career endeavors.
Volunteer Program Details
Volunteers are chosen through a comprehensive screening and interview process to assure our high standards are met.
- Health screening – TB test, flu shot (flu season only), immunization records
- Criminal background (18 and older)
- Nine-panel drug screening
- Two letters of recommendation (non-family)
- 150-word essay for college and high school students
- Mandatory orientation
We provide volunteer opportunities in three key areas including:
- Administrative: Volunteers who work in administrative areas assist in keeping their assigned departments organized. Duties may include filing, answering phones, and assembling informational packets.
- Patient Care: Volunteers help the clinical staff in various non-clinical ways to ensure patients receive the best possible care during their stay. Duties may include reading to patients, refreshing ice and water, and assisting with meals.
- Hospital Liaison: Volunteers who are assigned to hospital liaison duties assist in waiting rooms and information desks to ensure the needs of the patients and visitors are being met. If you are looking for something that requires you to sit, this would be a great area for you.
- Sew/Knit/Crochet Opportunities: If you knit, crochet, sew, or quilt, we are looking to start a program just for you. If you enjoy making items to donate to City Hospital, please let us know. Ideas include but are not limited to: beanie hats for our newborns and NICU babies, burp cloths, mittens for our babies so they don’t scratch themselves, and prayer shawls. Our only request is that they are new and come from a smoke- and animal-free home. Your skills are invaluable to those receiving your items. If interested in this, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit your application, you may:
- Email your application to email@example.com
- Mail or drop it off at:
ATTENTION HR/Volunteer Coordinator
City Hospital at White Rock – West Tower
9440 Poppy Dr., Suite 209
Dallas, TX 75218
Hours: Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m. 4 p.m.; and Friday, 7:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Fax to: (214) 324-6547