Visits from loved ones are therapeutic and we support such visits, while being mindful to keep all patients, visitors and staff members safe. Therefore, City Hospital White Rock/ Pipeline Health System has issued heightened visitor restrictions to protect patients and health care professionals during this COVID-19 pandemic.
VISITING HOURS: 8am to 8pm
- All visitors will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms at the hospital entrance
- Visitors must be at least 18 years of age
- Any visitor who fails the COVID-19 screening will not be allowed into the facility
- All visitors must wear a mask at all times in the facility
- All visitor must perform hand hygiene using hand sanitizer or soap and water before entering in the facility, and again before entering a patient room and upon exiting a patient room
- Each patient may only have two (2) visitors per day
- Only COVID-19 positive or Person Under Investigation patients that are deemed "comfort care" can have two loved ones visit their room. Two visitors will be provided appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Exceptions will be made on a case by case basis
- Two visitors per patient, during designated visiting hours only
- Visitors must remain in patients’ room
- For inpatient overnight surgeries, one visitor per patient.
- During surgery, visitors must remain in outpatient care center patient room
- Visitors may visit patient in their inpatient room during visiting hours only
WOMENS HEALTH VISITORS:
- Labor and Delivery:
o May have two (2) visitors at a time
o May have one birthing support person stay with OB patient
o No children allowed
o May have two (2) visitors at a time, during visiting hours only
o May have one support person stay with OB patient
o May have siblings during visiting hours only
o May have parents, during visiting hours (Exception made on a case by
o No children allowed
Effective April 19, 2021AREA SPECIFIC VISITORS: Visiting hours do not apply here:
- End-of-life/Comfort care patients may have two visitors
- Pediatric patients 17 years old and younger or developmentally delayed patients may have both parents or guardian
- Emergency Department patients may have two visitors, who must remain in the ED designated visitor waiting area
- Same Day Procedures patients may have two visitors, who must remain in the patient’s room for entire visit
- Outpatient Clinic Appointments patients may have two visitors, who must remain in the patient’s room for entire visit
- Physician Offices: Adult requiring caregiver or child 17 and under can have two visitors/guardian, who must remain in patient's room entire visit
These temporary restrictions are necessary to achieve our goal of safe patient care and healthy staff to provide that care.
In all situations, patient care comes first. If screening visitor’s delays care or service to a patient, the patient will take priority and visitors will be asked to wait. This may result in the patient being taken to their room first and the visitor waits to be screened before they are allowed to join the patient.